Friday, May 16, 2014

Freezer Fudge

One Word – AMAZING!


I was in charge of dessert for Easter and trying to stay true to my Clean Eating habits, I had to come up with something that would impress everyone and not be considered "too healthy!"
So… I started thumbing through my cookbooks and browsing my favorite websites for a “some-what” healthy fake out alternative.  I stumbled across this Raw Chocolate Walnut Fudge recipe and oh my goodness, it is amazing!!!  
I promise if you don’t say a word, people will gobble it up and beg for the recipe.  I am in no way saying this low in calories & it probably should be kept to a special occasions but boy oh boy is it worth it!


Ingredients:


1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch fine grain sea salt, to taste
3/4 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped


1. With electric beaters, beat together the coconut oil and almond butter.
2. Sift in the cocoa powder and beat again until combined.
3. Pour in the maple syrup, vanilla, and salt and beat until smooth.
4. Stir in the walnuts.
5. Line a loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper. Scoop the chocolate mixture into the pan and spread out until even
6. Freeze uncovered for about 1 hour, or until solid. Slice into small squares & Enjoy


I suggest storing this in the freezer and serving straight from the freezer…I have stored in the fridge and the coconut oil will seep out a bit and it softens.  Freezer is PERFECT!


*lightly adapted from one of my favorite websites: www.ohsheglows.com




No comments:

Post a Comment