Saturday, May 3, 2014

12 Mile Run Complete & Feeling Accomplished

Hello,

I woke up bright and early, got dressed, ate 1/2 cup of oatmeal with almond butter, laced up my running shoes and hit the road for my longest run ever.  Today, I set out to run 12 miles without stopping….my run started out great…I just kept telling myself "nice and easy" but under all that self talk, my goal was to complete this run in 2 hours or really close to it. :)
(Finish Time: 2 hours and 8 minutes)

I had envisioned all these "mile markers" in my mind last night ("Mile Markers" being places I would allow myself to stop and rest if necessary or start walking) I had it all mapped out and I was prepared to stop and walk if necessary at each one!  As the run progressed, the "made up mile makers" became easier and I just kept going and passing each obstacle until I arrived at the Huntington Beach Pier which is exactly 12 miles from where I started.  

I seriously can't tell you how excited I am right now.  It has been a goal of mine to run a 1/2 marathon for 10 years and to be able to get out there and run 12 has left me overwhelmed with excitement.  I feel I am truly living and being the person I had always dreamed of becoming…Sometimes it just takes an extra push or it takes someone believing in you & you believing in yourself! 

If I can get out there and do it….so can you!  Here's to being more & setting out to accomplish anything your mind dreams!  

Mile 11.5 

Finished and Proud :)




1 comment:

  1. Your smile in those photos says it all! What an inspiration you are!!

    ReplyDelete