Friday, May 2, 2014

Biggest Run Yet!

Hello,

My body is capable of accomplishing great things….every day, I wake up and use my muscles without really giving it a second thought.  Well tomorrow I have decided to see what my body is actually capable of by putting it to the test….I will head out early in the morning and set off to complete my 12 mile run.  This will be the longest distance I have done by far ( 9 miles being my record).  On some level, I want to see how it goes before signing up for my first half marathon….I know, I know, call me a chicken or crazy, but that is how my mind processes information :).  

I have never been much of a runner until the first of this year…sure I ran a few 5k's and even a 10k but nothing serious.  Completing a 1/2 marathon has been on my bucket list for 10 years.  All 10 of those years passed and I have yet to complete this goal.  Well 2014 is it….I am putting that 13.1 sticker on my car come hell and high water!  

My thoughts are this….Don't simply be content with doing "just enough".  Don't underestimate yourself.  Your body is capable of it…you just have to identify what you want (half marathon for me), trust the process, work towards it, get support from friends & family and most importantly….believe in yourself! 

I will keep y'all posted!  Wish me Luck! 

"Fitness is not about being better than someone else…It's about being better than you used to Be!"



No comments:

Post a Comment