Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes

Good Sunday Morning to Ya! 

Just finished my workout in the rain....now that is dedication, I know!  Now it's time to fuel those muscles and get the day started.  How about some protein pancakes?  Oh yes, these were amazing, healthy and gluten free.  Bonus all around! 

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sweet potato puree - pumpkin would be work too
2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp honey
3 eggs
1 tbsp coconut oil - melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon 
pinch of salt 
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 scoop of protein powder 

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.  I used my kitchen Aid standing mixer...super easy and mixed like a pro. 

In a large non-stick pan, add a bit of coconut oil and start forming your pancakes.  Cook until you see bubbles and flip.  These are a bit darker due to the sweet potato used.  

Sweet enough alone or you can add your favorite sweetener/syrup.....I topped mine with fresh banana. 

Enjoy! 

Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl is the brand/flavor I used to make my pancakes 






Wishing you all a wonderful week...remember to make good choices, fuel your body & get out there and move....

Stay STRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment