Sunday, January 11, 2015

Nachos - well kinda sorta

ssshhh....don't tell my body I am really on a diet of clean eating.  

Trying to switch things up at the cafe, I discovered a little creativity can really go a long way....can I tell you how amazingly delish this was?  I could but I suggest you try it for yourself.  I promise it will be love at first bite! 

Nachos 

2 medium size peeled sweet potatoes and sliced thin ( I used a mandolin but next time I won't, they were almost too thin)
1 to 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted 
Smoked paprika, black pepper, garlic powder


  • Toss sweet potatoes with oil and spices, arrange on a cookie sheet and bake until crisp.  I baked mine at 375 degrees but watch careful so they don't burn. 


Toppings:

Extra lean hamburger meat cooked with onion and taco seasoning.  When finished add finely chopped cilantro and mix together.

Arrange cooked potato "chips" on a plate.  Add a generous serving of meat.  I added a sprinkle of cheese, dollop of low fat greek yogurt, siracha hot sauce, more cilantro and chopped green onions. 

Fresh avocado would be a nice addition too. 

Grocery List:

Sweet Potatoes
Low Fat Greek Yogurt - Plain
Lean Hamburger - 1 pound
Cilantro 
Green Onions 
Cheese 
Avocado 
Siracha Hot Sauce - Trader Joe's brand is amazing :) 

Seasoning Used:

Taco Season 
Smoked Paprika
Garlic Powder 
Salt and Pepper 




Dig in!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these look SO AWESOME... I'm going to try them for sure!! ❤

    ReplyDelete