Friday, June 27, 2014

Garlic Tofu Stir Fry

Hello
1 package extra firm tofu – drained for 20 minutes on paper towel & cut into bite size squares
1 ½ to 2 pounds of Green Beans – chopped into bite size pieces
2 packages of Shiitake Mushrooms - sliced
4 cloves of garlic chopped – Trader Joe’s sells these frozen cubes by Dorot…super convenient & delicious
Handful Chopped Basil  - Dorot also makes basil cubes
Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Coconut Oil


This meal is all prep….allow the water to drain from the tofu on a paper towel while you clean and cut the green beans.  Next cube the tofu into bite size pieces.  In a large pan, heat the coconut oil and start browning the tofu – toss until all sides are nice and toasted (the key to liking tofu is to really brown it up in my opinion).  Add  garlic & basil.  Next add the mushrooms, cook until brown and finally add the green beans.  Cook green beans until tender.  Splash with soy sauce and serve over quinoa or brown rice.  


You can certainly mix and match any vegetables of your choice however this combo seems to work nice.  In fact, it is one of my favorite meals at the moment.  Super easy to make plus nice and light for SUMMER!  


Taking my last bite, I glanced down & noticed this last piece…do you see the HAPPY FACE made of  Quinoa?
Yup, I ate it anyway!  Haha


Let's chat about…RUNNING:

I laced up my shoes on Thursday morning and headed out for another nice and easy run…just a bit over 3 miles.  It felt great as usual and my knee seemed to hold up while not giving me any trouble.  So far so good!!! I am going out again this Sunday for a short run and I am looking forward to adding some mileage back next week.  I am scheduled to run 4 miles on Wednesday and another 3 on Saturday.  I hope it is safe to once again call myself a "runner".  Fingers crossed :)
More exciting news…if you know me, you know I love to spin.  I currently have a spin bike that is 7 years old with a decent amount of mileage as well as a fair amount of wear & tear.  Tomorrow a friend invited me to her gym for an actual class on the 2014 models.  I am so looking forward to test driving the new bike…WOW, it amazing how my outlook on health and fitness has dramatically improved!  I am excited about waking up super early to join a class! 

My morning workout motto - "Running & Coffee are a MUST…doing your hair is optional…" Oh how I love this! 

Wishing you guys an amazing weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment