Sunday, January 12, 2014

Green Smoothie

Hello,

This smoothie is an all time favorite of mine!  I drink it almost daily as part of my breakfast.  It provides energy and more importantly all my greens for the day!

2 cups of greens - I use Kale and Spinach.  Spinach is the mildest tasting green but if you are ready for an adventure, try Kale.  Kale is a superfood and so good for you!

2 Tablespoons of Hemp Seeds or Chia Seeds

1 Banana - Frozen if you prefer a thicker smoothie

1/2 Cup Frozen Mango or Pineapple

1 Tablespoon of Coconut Butter or Coconut Oil (good fat and provides a bit of substance)

1 1/2 or 2 cups of Coconut Water

1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar - Optional

Blend all together and enjoy.  I am using a powerful blender however any blender would work.  You will need to blend in batches to completely grind the greens to a smooth texture!



Drink Umbrella optional! :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment