Friday, August 30, 2013

Pasta with Peas & Lentils - Vegetarian



Hello,

This is one my favorite dishes to make when I am short on time and need something quick, healthy and homemade!  If you enjoy a bit of spice, you can add finely diced jalapeno or habanero.  This recipe makes at least 6 servings!  


½ Large Onion Finely Diced
2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
5-6 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Chicken Stock Concentrate
½ Bag Frozen Peas ( I use fresh peas sold at Trader Joes – 1 Bag)
Lentils (I use the full package of steamed lentils from Trader Joes for convenience)
1 1/2 Cups of Water
1 package of linguine pasta

Sautee onion & garlic using olive oil until soft and browned.  Add chicken stock concentrate, stir and allow it to dissolve with onion and garlic.  Add lentils, peas and water.  Simmer on low covered  for 20 minutes.  Season with Salt and Pepper (Personally, I like to add a generous amount of pepper to this dish).  Cook linguine until al dente and mix together.  Mix well. 

Finish with Grated Parmesan or Romano and a bit of fresh olive oil for serving - Enjoy! 




Click to Video







1 comment:

  1. This just made me so hungry. I have to try this. I never thought of combining lentil and peas sounds so yummy.

    ReplyDelete