Sunday, September 7, 2014

Taco Salad



Hello,
Disclaimer: I used to be that girl who hated ice berg lettuce. In my mind it had zero flavor, zero nutrients and was basically water…so what’s the point?  Well the point is, I was wrong and I found a great way to put it to good use…making it a staple in my taco salad.  It has been warm here and I find this meal so satisfying yet light.  This is basically the perfect storm!
Ingredients: 

1 pound lean ground beef (you can use ground turkey or chicken as well) 
1 finely diced onion
2 cloves of finely diced garlic 
1 bunch of finely chopped cilantro
1 bell pepper finely chopped 
coconut oil 
1 head of Iceberg lettuce - cut into shreds

Seasonings:

Smoked paprika
Taco season
Garlic powder 

Toppings:

Nonfat Greek Yogurt ( I like low fat)
Fresh Salsa or Siracha
Fresh Avocado 
Pepper Jack Cheese 
Chopped Green Onions
Black Olives 

Fresh Tomato 

In a large pan, brown the onion, garlic and bell pepper using a bit of coconut oil.  Add your meat & seasonings and cook until done.  Add diced cilantro and combine. 

In a large bowl, finely shred your lettuce.  Next add your meat and start piling on the toppings of your choice.  You really don’t need salad dressing since you are using so many combinations of great flavors but I have included a picture of my absolute favorite dressing (Red Shell Miso Dressing).  This stuff is amazing and available at Costco.  


Yum!

This dressing is amazing and great on everything!


Today is a Great Day!  What are you doing to be AWESOME?
Wishing you all a fun and fit week!
Hugs & Cheer!



No comments:

Post a Comment