Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chocolate Dipped Pretzels

Hello,

Halloween is just around the corner and I am really excited to celebrate this year!  The house is decorated & I am in creativity mode!  Yesterday, I had the day off from work and decided I would make some fun treats for my adorable nieces and nephew!  These are simple and can be made for any special event or Holiday...Simply adjust the sprinkles and colored chocolate to match your theme! 


Chocolate Covered Pretzels


Pretzel Rods

Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil
Decorations of your choice (use your imagination here...I have used crushed cookies, nuts and candy but find smaller items such as sprinkles and colored chocolate tend to "stick" better)

In a non-stick pan (I used a frying pan for size), melt your chocolate with oil and allow to melt.  Do not overcook and allow the chocolate to become runny....it is better to have it a bit on the thicker side.  Roll the pretzel rod about a third of the way up in chocolate and allow to cool on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (add your sprinkles and toppings at this point while chocolate is not fully hard).  Once you fill the cookie sheet, place in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens.  Enjoy....




No comments:

Post a Comment